Now we can look like we have stepped off the red carpet, with Eyelash extensions. Yes, extensions! Semi permanent, synthetic extensions are glued one by one onto the natural lash by, using a specifically formulated glue that lasts 2-4 weeks. Eyelash extensions are a beauty service that has originated from Korea to achieve a beautiful, full luscious, and long set of lashes that are natural, and you won't even know they are there!
Eyelash extensions are applied individually with tweezers and acrylic glue to isolate one lash at a time. Depending on the client and their current lashes, It takes approximately 1-1.5 hours. The lashes come in hundreds of different lengths, thickness and curl. They adhere on top of the eyelashes, along the length of the eye. A normal set is generally 50-60 lashes and a glamour set is 80-90 lashes. if your lashes are already thick, more can be applied, if they are sparse, less can be applied.
No damage is caused to your natural lashes if they are applied correctly. If they are stuck together it does pull out the natural lash, so they need to be applied individually. You can wear mascara, but most people choose not to because they're already thicker and fuller. If you do want to wear mascara, you need one specifically for eyelash extensions. Waterproof mascaras should be avoided! And to also use an oil free make-up remover as oil detergents the glue bond and they don't last as long.
Reasons why we should get Eyelash Extensions?
1. Your eyes will look bigger, more defined & gorgeous even with no makeup
2. Eyelashes will appear longer fuller and darker
3. It will cut your beauty routine time down in the mornings
4. No running or streaking mascara
5. Safe in showers, swimming pools and saunas
6. Weightless and very natural looking
7. No operation, no pain non-invasive procedure
8. Great for people who wear contact lenses
9. Perfect for brides, mums on the run and busy people
10. Ladies who can't wear mascara
11. Lasts from 2 - 4 weeks with proper maintenance